Also great for quiche. Based on my mother-in-law’s recipe. If you’re making it for something sweet, like pie, reduce the salt by half and increase the sugar to taste.
- 1 1/2 cups white or whole wheat flour (whole wheat produces nuttier, heartier flavor)
- 2 teaspoons Sucanat or sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive or avocado oil (avocado has a more neutral flavor)
- 2 tablespoons milk (non-dairy works fine, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place all ingredients in 9 inch pie pan. Stir together with fork or pastry blender. Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Poke holes gently in bottom and side of crust with fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Use as directed in favorite pie recipe. (If making this crust for Tomato Basil Quiche, reduce baking time to 10 minutes.)